Lavender is all things calming, and is one of the gentlest and most versatile essential oils. Here are some simple ways you can use your bottle of Lavender oil:
- Apply to the bottoms of feet, wrists or forearms before sleeping.
- Add a few drops to a little liquid soap and add to your bath for a relaxing, spa-like bathing experience.
- Lightly apply to soothe sun-exposed skin.
- Apply to the back or feet of a restless or agitated child (dilute with carrier oil for sensitive skin).
- Use to calm and soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Calm sensitive skin and soothe pores after hair removal.
- Apply with a carrier oil to help soothe dry skin.
- Use with Peppermint for a healthy scalp massage.
- Add to lotion for a stress-relieving hand massage.
- Take internally one drop Lavender with one drop each Lemon and Peppermint to soothe temporary reactions to pollen and dander.
- Gently apply to skin damaged by heat.